Total Pageviews

VISITOR MAPS

Monday, January 31, 2011

SNOWPOCOLYPS OF 2011

this was one of the hardest snows wed ever seen, for south carolinians anyway. i gre up in snow that was waist high and STILL had to go to school..regardless.

but for the ret of my small family, this was quite the event, and really something i hadnt seen, since i was maybe 9..so thats almost 30+ years for me. says allot to whats happened in my life to make something in my childhood stand out to be so signifigant in my adulthood as it crossed paths with me again.

the last time we had a snow storm to this magnituse was a few years before, and it left us with NO electric for 12 days..what do you think my mind recalls more? the walsk to school in waist high snow? and freezing cold toes? or the fact my entire body felt like my frozen toes for 12 consecutive days? its most certainly the latter of the 2/

so, there was some slight trepidation, and worry that wed walk down that same cold and frozen path again...well, I would. because i was the one suffering in it. craig was at work for 10 hours very day. daniel hung at his best friends home, just  amile up the street, and never suffered a second with the cold...

the stuff you scarifice for your family! lol

heres some pics! ENJOY MICHELLE

at the mid point of snow fall.

snow shelf collection from our roof. pretty cool looking.

the snow came all the way in to the overhang/alcove where our front door is.

the only one of our dogs brave enough to weather the snow. Pumpkin.

it didnt last long..lol

and the world as we knew it once it was complete. in MUCH MUCH MUCH snow!


No comments:

Post a Comment